Friday, February 20, 2009

Facebook

I have recently joined Facebook. After KT joined at the persistence of his brother, I joined. I felt left out, like it is some exclusive club I had yet to be admitted to. I am not enamored with the whole idea of it just yet. It is a great way to reconnect with old friends from the past! Opening doors on things that have been closed for several decades, racking my brain trying to remember this and that and this person and that person, being hard on myself thinking that perhaps my mind is slipping already because I can't remember,...is taking its toll! (perhaps I have early onset alzheimers) I have been flattered to have been remembered by friends from high school, middle school and even as far back as elementary school. It is amazing to me that people remember me. I remember most of them, but I never thought that I was that memorable of a person. I am just me. On another note, many people seem to be collectors of "people". I am not a collector of people. I treasure people...

4 comments:

  1. Big C joined facebook as well. He seems to really enjoy it....however, I don't like all the past girlfriends who are thrilled that he has joined! :D

    Keep us updated to whether you like it better than blogging. I have had a couple friends say it is much more satisfying--whatever that means. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I joined FB in December. I like it because it's a pretty casual way to keep up on folks that you normally wouldn't. I know some people spend TONS of time on there, but I find it much less time consuming than blogging. It feels a little safer, too, since you have to confirm friends--like a private blog. I'm more willing to post things about my kids, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've yet to understand the big thrill of Facebook. I have some friends that literally spend all day on it. Why? I have no idea. It is nice to reconnect with people you knew in 3rd grade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't caught the Facebook bug yet...I have trouble keeping up with the friends that I have now...let alone trying to reconnect...I haven't kept up with them up to this point, I guess I just don't want to bother with it now...I sound so cold, don't I? Plus, I just don't want to dig up some of those old memories...

    Slutty candy is just stuff like fun dip and nerds...A blogging friend made a comment on my candy post about being surprised that I liked that kind of stuff...she always thought of that kind of candy as "slutty candy" he he
    I made that remark in my last post for her sake.

    Edible underwear?! Are you kidding me?! Not in a million years! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...