Saturday, December 1, 2012

24 Days of Christmas and a Gift for You



Since it is December 1st, it is time to start our Christmas countdown.  Everyone has a different way of counting down or advent prior to Christmas.  I shared with you yesterday my goal to read one chapter from St. Luke per day up until Christmas Eve.

Another tradition my family has had over the years, is our 24 Days of Christmas book.  This is a collection of Scripture, song and story to be read each day prior to Christmas.  This is something my kids looked forward to when they were younger.  We would gather around in the evenings and take turns reading from the book.

Recently, I retyped all the stories and songs and made a book for family to enjoy as a Christmas gift.  I got it laminated and bound.  I think it turned out quite nicely.  I have two versions of this book that I compiled.  I have the LDS version, which features some of the primary songs from our children's group and some scriptures from the Bible and Book of Mormon, and I have the non LDS version which features traditional Christmas songs and scriptures strictly from the Bible, since many of my family are not LDS.

I would like to offer as a gift to you, the PDF of my compilation so you can put together your own 24 Days of Christmas.  This is not something I can sell because I am not the author of the stories or songs.  (Well, I am the author of one of the Christmas stories).  If you are interested in a copy of the 24 Days of Christmas book, you can download them from the links to google drive.  

LDS Version,
Non LDS Version or both.

Let me know what you think of them here in the comments.

Happy December 1st!

Bloggers for Christmas

The 36th Avenue

Tip Junkie 

7 comments:

  1. What a great gift! It's a wonderful way to pass down favorite stories and memories through the generations. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier for Sharefest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. I can't wait to get into it more, but from what I've scanned, it's quite touching. The littlest loaf was fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lisa! I love this and I printed and started it tonight with my family! It should be "pinned", I am sure there are many that would love to have this too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for joining our Bloggers for Christmas linky party!
    Happy Christmastime!

    http://lifeoflt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! It takes a lot of work to retype everything. And such a great tradition to share with others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea, I 've places a link on my Dutch blog. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for doing this and sharing it with us!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...