Sunday, April 19, 2009

We believe...

We believe that men will be punished for their own sins and not for Adam's transgressions...
Okay, now here is a difference between the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and other Christian Religions. Many religions believe in "original sin". Meaning that in order to be cleansed from the sins of Adam and Eve an infant must be baptized. Since we don't believe we are accountable for a sin committed by someone else many ages ago, we do not believe in infant baptism or in "original sin.". Instead we bless our babies at a couple of months old asking for blessings from the Lord. Holding a new born infant in my arms in all their innocence just confirms my belief in this second tenet of the LDS church. The Lord is merciful and I believe would not require them to obtain such an ordinance at such a helpless age.

3 comments:

  1. Very well said! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well put!

    Who needs mormon.org when we've got you! :)

    sweet picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Sunday messages! I guess I don't need to go to church anymore! I will just read your blog! :D If only.......you know I jest!

    I remember when Ladybug was that small! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...