Monday, December 10, 2012

What can I give to Him?



Amongst all the glitter and wrapped gifts during this season of love and joy, I find myself contemplating what can I give Him?  What can I give to Him who gave the ultimate gift, who paid the ultimate price?  My heart yearns to be able to ask Him, what do you want for Christmas, dear Brother?  As I minimize Christmas and the excess it brings,  I do not want to minimize Him.

What Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh can I give Him?  In a sitting down moment, I list what I think I have given Him this year.  I gave Him my son, literally.  I gave Him my son for 2 years preaching the Word of God.  Two years!  Sometimes I miss him so much I cannot breathe.  But is this enough?  I give my Savior my devotion...I am devoted to His words that I read every day.  I am devoted to Him in Testimony as I bear witness of Him and my beliefs on my blog.  And, I am devoted to Him when I serve and love others.

Giving a gift to Christ on Christmas is not a once a year event, it is an every day event.
  • It is life changing and yet it is quiet.  
  • It is thought provoking and it is peaceful.  
  • It is understanding and love.  
  • It is service and allowing others to serve.  
  • I show Him my gratitude as I strive to live in Thanksgiving Daily
  • It is forgiveness of others and being forgiven.  
  • It is being an example to others in thought, word and deed.
  • It is giving up things, even when it is hard, even when it is your son.
Yes, I want to give Christ a gift, not today, but every day.  
What gift are you giving to Christ all year?

4 comments:

  1. i need to give more service and charity as my gift to Him

    ReplyDelete
  2. what beautiful thoughts! today in prayer group we consecrated our thoughts, body and soul to Him.
    I know I have to keep praying for faith, hope and love to be my life...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post! Makes me think of the Christmas song "In the Bleak Midwinter". :)

    Jillian
    Hi! It's Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. Giving is what it is about.

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...