Thursday, December 13, 2012

Decorating with Simplicity

As I pulled out boxes of Christmas decorations,
I was overwhelmed with the memories of it all.
I was overwhelmed with the amount of it all!
With my 2012 motto being Simplify, 
I decided to simplify my decorating.
Decor totally enhances and helps to immerse
in the spirit of the season.
But, I think the simplicity brings the focus
back to Him


My tree is very simple this year:  
white lights, red balls and snowman ornaments


I have used not even half of what I have.  
Less feels better.  It feels lighter and less burdensome.


My mantel is simple, not ornate.  
My three stockings for my three babies
A snowman (because I have a fetish
And a cute printable you can get here.





4 comments:

  1. your mantel looks beautiful!
    oh and I agree...simple is better!!! in almost everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Sometimes it's freeing to leave a few things in the box. I try every year to not allow it to get overwhelming... but my entertainment center top is crazy this year. :)

    BTW - thanks for the thoughtful comments on my blog. I love to read them!! I gave you the blog award "Liebster" - go and visit me to see what it's all about!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all about minimalism. It helps when you have to move every two years or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks lovely. We have been in the middle of a kitchen renovation nightmare, so our decorations aren't even up yet. Just a little pointsettia and some Christmas cards. I was heartbroken about it at first, but, actually, the simplicity of it has been kind of nice!

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...