Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Decorations & Simplicity

I began decorating over a week ago.
It wasn't a big event, like it has been in the past.  
I have simplified my decorations.  
But, the first decoration to come out was the most important one to me.


It will also be the last to be stored away at the end of the season.

"Born in a stable, cradled in a manger, He came forth from heaven to live on earth as mortal man and to establish the kingdom of God. During His earthly ministry, He taught men the higher law. His glorious gospel reshaped the thinking of the world. He blessed the sick. He caused the lame to walk, the blind to see, the deaf to hear. He even raised the dead to life. To us He has said, 'Come, follow me.'

"As we seek Christ, as we find Him, as we follow Him, we shall have the Christmas spirit, not for one fleeting day each year, but as a companion always. We shall learn to forget ourselves. We shall turn our thoughts to the greater benefit of others"

~Thomas S. Monson~



4 comments:

  1. I have the Willow Tree doll Nativity scene as well and love them! I'll be posting pictures of my setup soon too. Sometimes I want to keep them out all year long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My MIL has that nativity and I absolutely love it. It is so beautiful! We have a little one that we found our first year of marriage... I have another friend with the same one... my nativity is one of the first decorations that comes out as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the willow tree twins and love them...didn't know there was a nativity. We've been singing Christmas hymns around the tree just before bed with all the other lights off. I love it because we can mix in the silly songs with the serious songs...and I want my kids to know all the words when we sing with all the cousins on Christmas day.
    Happy Christmas!
    ♡ Jill

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...