Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years Eve and in Reflection


Before children, New Years Eve was an evening to go out dancing or out to eat with my sweetie and a much anticipated kiss at midnight.  Once the children came along New Years Eve became a night of movies, games and finger foods.  It was tradition.  As my kids are moving on, my Eldest in the Air Force, my Missionary Son in Georgia and Ladybug spending her New Years Eve at a Church dance, KT and I will be left alone.  We are now the old people barely able to stay awake until midnight.  Well, provided I have enough caffeine from my diet Cherry Coke, I can make it.  I reflect on the past, our life, accomplishments, experiences, the children.  Of course, it is not the end, but the beginning of anew.

As I am reflecting, let me tell you some of my favorite posts of 2012....Let me know if you liked them, too.

I Pressed Submit
Thirty-Two Steps
Thirty-Two Steps...continued
Karma
It's All Good
Minimalism and Christmas



 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this to my link-up on Fibro, Fit and Fab! :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I am visiting from the blog hop! I am enjoying looking around your blog. :) My daughter is only 1, so we are just beginning the parenting journey, and don't even make it to midnight anymore- haha. But I am glad to read that as she gets older she can be entertained by things long enough to do so!

    Mary
    theadventurewagon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for linking up to The Great Blog Train! We loved having you! And you helped us have a successful first run down the tracks!

    Angie@godsgrowinggarden.com
    Marci@stonecottageadventures.com
    Helen@blueeyedbeautyblogg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always preferred New Year's Eve for reflection, even when I was much much younger. But the whole of society seems to think I have celebrate on New Year's Eve ... 2013 will be a good year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...