Friday, March 16, 2012

Thirty-two Steps





This is the day...

We've been waiting for this day for weeks, if not years. Ever since Miguel was a young boy he said he wanted to serve God and go on a mission.  This is the day that ends the waiting and wondering....Where will he go?  When will he be asked to leave?

I hear the mail truck out front.  I am home alone...I slowly open the front door.  I am unsure of what the future holds, but I will stand by my God and give him my son for two years...I hear my boots echoing off the front walk, like a lone traveler.  I am hesitant and reluctant, this light rain seems to reflect my mood, yet I am excited for this man boy of mine.  I even count the steps...32 steps to the mail box, 32 steps to the beginning of a new life chapter.  Alas, this is another letting go moment.

And, then it is in my hand, I clutch the letter to my chest...my mother heart laments...and I take 32 steps back to the house.


"Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all [ye that are] upright in heart." 
Psalms 32:11 KJV



No comments:

Post a Comment

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...