Monday, February 21, 2011

Technological Precipice

I am on the verge of a technological precipice. For our anniversary, Mr. KT got me an ipod touch. I am in love. I am no longer jealous of his mistress, as I now have my own. I can't believe how much I can do with this little thing. I take it everywhere with me....and I mean everywhere. (wink, wink)






My quandary is this...I've made it no secret that I love books. I mean I love everything about books from the smell of the pages to the crinkly covers. It's just a sacred experience! But my little ipod now has over 20 books stored on it. I couldn't actually imagine taking this stack of twenty books stored neatly in my purse anywhere besides the chiropractor? My back would give out for crying out loud...



I also love my day planner. Isn't it cute? It's an old friend...It keeps me organized so I know what I am doing and where I am going. We became well acquainted several years ago when I forgot my daughter. I know, right? What kind of mom forgets her daughter? Well, in moments of great stress and busy-ness you just might forget your daughter, too. My agenda has helped keep me on track ever since....But wait! My ipod and a calendar in it. See the size difference. Weight difference?


What is a girl to do? I am standing on the edge of a cliff ready to jump...What say you?

3 comments:

  1. I feel your plight! I will say this - I got a Nook for Christmas (Barnes & Noble's ebook) and I LOVE IT! Since I typically read several books at a time, it makes carrying them so much easier. I thought I would miss the smell of books, the paper...but I actually don't.

    As far as a planner...I still use paper - it is just how I am wired. I don't use any of the calendar features on my android phone...I still carry my planner. There is something about writing it down that helps me remember...

    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't figured out how to program my calendar on my smart phone. So for now I'm a little cutting edge. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will always love books, but my honey bought me a kindle and I LOVE it.
    And I will always have a place for my planner ... but he bought me an iPad and I use the planner on the iPad all the time, even more often than the other one, because it synchs up with my husband's planner and is easier to take everywhere.
    I have to admit, the technology is fantastic and super convenient.
    I'd jump!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...