Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Missionary Work and Christmas Phone Calls {Miguel's Missionary Moment}



December 23, 2013

"Well, I have the call on Christmas so I probably won't write much. This week has been pretty sweet we schedule a guy named Dorsey for baptism and taught him 4 times.  We took him on a church tour, the spirit was super strong!!!! I was pumped afterwards!!!! But then he missed church because someone borrowed his car..... bummer. Then we were going door to door in this apartment complex, and me met this dude who was praying for guidance from God the night before.  We taught him the restoration and he was so excited!!!! We came back and he canceled and came back again and he was drunk. People just struggle with change sometimes no matter what they feel! This week has been crazy as we have just been in the right place at the right time way too much!!!  We went out "faith walking" at 8:30 because we ran out of stuff to do.  We ran into one of our investigators who is an old single lady walking home by herself in the dark with 3 heavy bags from the store.  She said she had just been praying for the Lord to make sure she got home safe! It was sweet! We then went to an appointment, and they weren't there.  We were like hey Krystal (a recent convert) lives right around the corner. We showed up and she looked super down and while my companion was saying hi to her kids I was like "what is wrong you look down?" and she said she was about to change her beliefs. Turns out her home teacher had chastised her for struggling with smoking and asked her if she was living the law of chastity, and he has no right or to ask that.  She was super upset. We had to talk her through it and apologize.  I was just so glad we were there right at the right time.  It was sick!!!!!!

Well that's all I got! Forgot my camera so no pics!  Talk to you on Christmas!"

Hamer out!
Alma 7:7 "For behold, I say unto you there be many things to come; and behold, there is one thing which is of more importance than they all-for behold, the time is not far distant that the Redeemer liveth and cometh among his people." 
December 30, 2013

"Hey!
So Christmas! Well I told the family basically everything on Christmas during the phone call.  Because of the holiday, we got in with like no one so I really have like nothing to say..........I have a ton to do today as well. next week will be a long email I promise!!!!"

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...