Friday, April 20, 2012

1940's Census

Remember when I told you I was an Ambassador for the 1940's US Census?  The transcription is going strong.  All states are now available and some are even completed.  I had hopes of coming across my grandparents in the census in California, but I wasn't quick enough to get those names.  California is complete...Goodness, I have transcribed hundreds of names so far, though, and still going strong.  If you are interested in participating, go here.

Here is a video by Julia Sheer.  While not about the census, the video kind of makes me think of knitting our hearts together, which is what we are kind of doing by participating in this historical work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...