Thursday, November 6, 2008

What happened to my face?

When I get up in the morning, put on my make up and fix my hair, I look in the mirror, assess the damage and call it good. I don't think I look too bad for being 39 years old. I still wear a size 8 and on a good day a size 6. My teeth are white, and sometimes my complexion is clear. I try to wear stylish clothes. I don't mean to sound conceited, but I must look at myself through rose colored glasses in order to live happy. Alas, when my picture is taken, the rose colored glasses come off and something scary happens. I notice wrinkles, my nose looks too big and red, my complexion sucks, my eyes are squinty, my clothes are frumpy and that ONE crooked tooth that really bothers me seems to stick out like a HUGE FANG. I don't look like myself at all. It's like when you hear your voice on an answering machine or a movie. That just isn't me! I find myself avoiding cameras when they come out. On holidays, I cover my face or hide behind the crowd. In years to come, my children are going to go back through the pictures we've accumulated and ask, "Where was Mom?" I'll have to tell them, "I was there, hiding behind that wall or behind your dad..." Maybe I'm not doing them any favors, but maybe I am. Especially when I turn into this:

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain!! You are awefully cute though and should be happy you are so tiny! None of us are perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...