Monday, March 14, 2011

Blogs of Note


Do you ever check out the "Blogs of Note"? What is it about blogs that catch the screeners eye? What jumps out at them and screams, "This is the one!" "We love this blog!" What do they consider a GOOD blog? It's not that it is something I aspire, to...I'm just curious.  Being recognized as the blog of note, is akin to winning the Pulitzer or other prestigious recognition, in my humble opinion. 

I've been following the Blogs of Note for some time. I have even begun to follow some of those blogs. Blogs, that without that recognition, I would never have stumbled across. Some of the "Blogs of Note" are really quite incredible with fabulous photography, or beautifully written essays. Others are what I consider lame or mediocre, I mean who wants to follow a whole blog on the knitting of hats and scarves. Maybe my grandma?


I mean no offense, really, especially if you are a knitter, but what is their criteria?
Wit? Creativity? Blog design? Photography? Inspirational? All of the above?
I don't mean to rant on and on, but I'm just sayin'...

4 comments:

  1. Good questions. Luck of the draw? I wonder what part blog design does play in the choosing.

    "This is the one! We love this blog!" hahahaha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that in many artistic genres (and I think blogs are an art) that for every truly meritorious award given there is an award given that leaves you scratching your head and wondering why. In the case with the knitting, maybe the award givers are trying to prove that they are diverse and unbiased in the types of blogs they choose? That's all I can come up with. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never really looked at it. How do I get that gig? I will pimp myself out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On Wordpress they call is Freshly Pressed. They even have an article on how to improve your chances of becoming Freshly Pressed. I admit to following these guidelines. =) But alas...so far, nada.

    Also I do believe that the "fancy designer blogs" are more likely to be picked.

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...