Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday Wisdom


Ninety and Nine

I am one of the ninety and nine
I'm not perfect but basically I'm doing fine
I have not lost my way
I have not gone astray
I'm just one of the ninety and nine
I am here in the heart of the fold
I'm not mindless but I try to do as I'm told
I'm not tempted to run
And become the lost one
I am here in the heart of the fold

So why is my Shepherd coming this way toward me?
He's holding his arms out
And He's calling my name
Yes, He's calling my name
But how, how can this be?

I'm just one of the ninety and nine
I have stumbled and fallen but I've kept in line
I'm not one He must seek
I'm not all that unique
I'm just one of the ninety and nine

So why is my Shepherd treating me like a lost lam?
He's searching to find me
And He's holding me now
Yes, He's holding me now
And teaching me who I am

So why am I feeling like I'm the only one here?
It's like I'm His favorite
And He takes me aside
And He sweetly confides
These remarkable words in my ear:

"You are one of the ninety and nine
Have you any idea how brightly you shine?
You are safe in this fold
And it's time you were told
That I know where you've been 
So I know where you'll be
Because all of your life you've been following me
You are more than just one of the sands of the sea
Or just one of the ninety and nine
You are mine!"
I am one of the ninety and nine.



2 comments:

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...