Thursday, December 16, 2010

Excuses!

I hear so many excuses for being tardy to school. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...Here is a compilation of some that make me laugh. I never know who is telling the truth and who is pulling my leg. I have to look at patterns.

1. Flat tire (used by the same student two weeks in a row)
2. Mom got a ticket rushing to school
3. Someone unplugged my alarm clock AGAIN.
4. Our computer wouldn't work.
5. Our computer printer wouldn't work.
6. My brother threw a tantrum
7. My brother pooped his pants
8. My dog ran away
9. My dad needed his coffee first before he could drive me.
10. My dog was hit by a car
11. We overslept (at least I know this one is honest)
12.  No one woke me up
13.  My shoe broke
14.  I was at a concert last night, and my mom wanted me to get my 8 hours of sleep.
15.  My dog decided to unplug my alarm clock.
16.  My brother stepped on my finger and broke it
17.  My feet were stiff and I couldn't get moving
18.  My mom won't bring me to school because she stopped at a garage sale.
19.  We got lost...
20.  My mom lost her keys
21.  I was still doing my homework.
22.  I was on the phone
23.  My carpool left me
24.  I had to take my dog to the vet
25.  I was having a bowel movement
26.  My sister's gold fish died






 

5 comments:

  1. We had a kid say he was absent because he had to feed his pet snake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, gosh. i consider all of these plausible excuses. what does that tell you?

    yet i am insanely anal about punctuality; go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would have loved me as a teenager. Ha! I perfected my moms signature and just wrote "Please excuse Lindsay at 12:30 today for a Dr's appt." Worked like a charm. I even kept different forms of stationary in my locker to mix it up a little so I wouldn't get caught :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! You could write a book about being a school secretary based on all the excuses you hear. Those are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see a lOT of pet related excuses - thats good for my line of work - if they are true... :)

    very funny list. (and i love the first song you have playing. beautiful!)

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...