Monday, June 21, 2010

My Hero


My dad is my hero. He has been to hell and back and gratefully is still with us. He suffers everyday for the part he played in America's history. He is the man who taught me patriotism, love of country, selfless sacrifice and a deep love for my Savior. I want to be just like him...Thanks dad for being the best dad in the world and for teaching me how to be me! Happy Father's Day!


Dad's Chopper after he was shot down in Viet Nam



My dad being worked on after being pulled from the chopper.  He is on the ground on the right.  He had is ear shot off, his arm shattered by shrapnel and he had shrapnel lodged in his brain.  Very grateful that God blessed him to pull through, or I wouldn't be here.  :)

7 comments:

  1. Tell your Dad thank you for his service. We appreciate him and his many sacrifices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a true patriot! Please tell him thank you! That first picture is a keepsake, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a hero! I'm so grateful to him as well as the other service men and women who dedicate their lives for our freedoms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those photos are so heart wrenching. It must tug at your heart every time you see them. It certainly tugged at mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God bless him. I think it is miraculous when men survive war physically as well as emotionally!

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...