Friday, June 11, 2010

Moonlit walks



 Many years ago I lived in the "arm pit" of America, a desolate place called Yuma, Arizona.  It was the kind of place that weather maps on the news show as VERY HOT.  Summer temperatures soar to 120°.  So miserably hot that if you walk outside at 6:00 am, you get goose bumps from the heat.  I know, weird.  I had two small little boys at the time, and, like most new moms, I wanted to put them in a stroller and take them for a walk.  Once the sun set, and the time read 10:00 pm, I would load my two babies into their double stroller for a walk in the moonlight with temperatures at a brisk 90°.  It's just what you did...

I never thought of romanticizing my experiences with my little men.  But they truly were my little loves, my little boyfriends.  I had many a slobbery kisses to prove it.

4 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine living a normal life in temperatures that hot! I guess the one good thing is that you didn't have humidity to deal with, but let's face it...hot is HOT!

    I love the words you use to describe your boys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which would you say is worse? Texas heat with the oppressive humidity or the burning dry heat of Arizona. Personally I would rather live in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it sounds lovely. My little guy was totally in-love with me when he was a baby and toddler. It was so nice. I think I'll miss that as he grows up. He's five now and still thinks I'm pretty great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up in Mesa, and I, too referred to Yuma as the armpit of America. So true.

    Yuck!

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...