Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Low-fat Living 4

There is nothing about Salsa that is fattening until you overdo it with chips. Serve it over Chicken or Eggs/egg substitute to spice up a low-fat meal. When I do this right, it tastes like the green salsa at Baja Fresh. Salsa 3 red chilles (dried) 6-7 tomatillos 3 tomatoes 2-3 cloves garlic, diced 1 small bunch cilantro Boil the tomatillos 4 to 5 minutes. (Peel hard outer skin before boiling). Cook (dry roast) tomatoes until soft. Dry roast the chiles. In blender put garlic, cilantro, 1 teaspoon salt, dry roasted red chiles and tomatillos. Blend until chiles are smooth. Put tomatoes in the blender and blend. Add water if need.

9 comments:

  1. Yumm! I will have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really try to break my chips, and eat each one with a heap of salsa, so I don't overindulge. Usually, I fail. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big baby about spicy things. I have to tone down mild salsa with some sour cream (I know! I'm so ashamed!!). Is this salsa gonna be too much for me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds AMAZING! I can't wait to make this! There's a mexican food night in our near future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Becky, don't as me...The hotter the better, as far as I'm concerned. Maybe only put in half of the chili peppers if you are worried.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so good. I LOVE green salsa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks really yummy. I am starving...do you want to drive all the way to my house and make me some? Bring some of those awesome looking chips too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, but when you live in New Mexico..this is not salsa. Send me your address and I'll send you some salsa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This recipe was given to my mom by an old hispanic woman. It was their family recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...