Monday, December 28, 2015

Low Energy, Winter Blues or Low Vitamin D


There for a while, I felt the weight of anything extra, and I just couldn't do it.  Thoughts of Holidays, birthdays, serving someone with a meal, were just too dang overwhelming to even follow through.  I'd come home from work, tidy house, make dinner, clean it up and sit exhausted on the couch waiting for it to all begin again.  I used to love working out...but then I didn't have the energy anymore.  It was such a gradual thing, that I thought it was just a product of getting older...(although I won't share "how" old I really am.  I mean a girl has to have her secrets).  But anyway, after a routine check up, and blood work, they discovered I had extremely low levels of Vitamin D.  I'm on a mega dose to recover back to normal, but a search on symptoms of low D was very interesting.  For most of them I was nodding my head, yes, yes, yes...Here are some of the symptoms taken from DrFrankKlipman.com

What are the symptoms of vit D deficiency?

There is no clear pattern of symptoms. In fact many people remain asymptomatic despite low levels. But here are the more common symptoms
  • Fatigue
  • General muscle pain and weakness
  • Muscle cramps
  • Joint pain
  • Chronic pain
  • Weight gain
  • High blood pressure
  • Restless sleep
  • Poor concentration
  • Headaches
  • Bladder problems
  • Constipation or diarrhea

I've been taking a pretty hefty supplement under my doctors care, as well as, sitting in front of a Happy Light that I bought a few years ago.  I hope to be feeling energetic and back to normal real soon.  I share this because maybe someone else is suffering in silence the same way I was and just chalking it up to getting older, too.  Low Vitamin D can be very serious, if you find you have some of these same symptoms, why not ask to get your Vitamin D levels checked.  It can make all the difference in your quality of life.

Follow on Bloglovin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...