Saturday, December 19, 2015

Advent and Uplift



There are some really great things going on in the internet world.  One of the things I like to participate in is an advent during the Christmas season.  It enhances my current scripture study and really brings my focus around to Christ.  I love feeling the sweet spirit of love and comfort in my heart and this advent thing really helps. 

In years past, I have used our 24 Days of Christmas book of scriptures, stories and songs.  I have also read from the Book of Luke.  There are exactly 24 chapters...read one per day leading through Christmas eve.

This year I found a printable advent on Facebook.  It suggested actually writing out the scriptures.  And has been an interesting process.  As I have written, I actually ponder more fully on the Words.  It has been fun to change things up just a bit.




In addition to this, I have been working on listing my 1000 gifts.  Ann Voskamp, author of One Thousand Gifts and her blog called A Holy Experience shared this prompt for listing your gifts.  Sometimes I have to really think and ponder, and that's a good thing.


I've also found this really cool LDS Blog, She Teaches Fearlessly that has been posting daily Advent inspiration.  Who can't use a daily vitamin like that?

What have you been doing this Christmas season to feel closer to Christ?


Follow on Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...