Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The 8 Miracles





After writing this post recently about being so blessed, I thought I would be remiss if I did not list those blessing and miracles one by one.  I know that He has His hand in all and that He sometimes uses His earthly angels to fulfill His miracles.  I am eternally grateful for the blessings that He sent my way.  
  1. The mod pack.  I took a steroid pack that eased the swelling and back pain just long enough to get me through the busiest part of the school year and registrations before my back got bad again.
  2. When it got to the point that I was crawling, my husband ran into a friend of mine at the gas station.  She gave him the name of a massage therapist that does pressure point massage and helps to relieve sciatic pain.  After one of these massages, my pain was slightly relieved for a few days.  I was able to sit in a chair and eat with my family.  Needless to say, I scheduled another
  3. A friend who is a physical therapist offered to come to our home for free and show me some basic moves that might help.  This is who showed me that lying on my stomach might be the most comfortable for my bulging discs and pain.  This is basically where I remained until surgery.
  4. When I called for a consultation with the surgeon, I was told they were booked out till January (this was the beginning of September) but had just had a cancellation in mid October.  They put me at the bottom of the cancellation list.
  5. Four hours later, I received a call from the Neurosurgeon's office.  The receptionist said, "You wouldn't believe it, but I have been through my whole cancellation list and you were the only one who answered the phone.  We can see you tomorrow morning."  
  6. I was told that insurance approval could take 10-14 business days.  I got approval in one and my surgery 4 days after approval.
  7. I got paid my full paycheck despite being out of work for three weeks and not having sick days since I'm only part time.  What can I say...they love me.  
  8. Quick recovery...I was back to work one week after my surgery.  Though I have to be careful and modify what I do, I see this as another miracle.  
During the course of some of my reading over the past few months, I learned that 8 is a significant number in Christianity.  What I read regarding it's significance is that God created the world in 6 days and rested on the 7th.  The 8th day was for rebirth.  Thus, many ancient baptismal fonts are 8 sided, an octagon.  After these 8 miracles, I feel reborn physically and spiritually and thus the rebirth of my blogging, as well.   

Have you seen the influence of God working in your life, too?

Follow on Bloglovin
 

3 comments:

  1. What a testimony! So sorry you've been through such an ordeal though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!! I can definitely see His hand in our infertility journey, absolutely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I got pregnant with Manny, I just knew I didn't want to teach full-time. Lo and behold, that spring a part-time job-share position opened up in my district in the same grade. It was the perfect timing and I got the position! Sadly, after 10 years of job-sharing, my partner has told me she won't be returning next year and the principal told her that will be the end of the job-share. I'm hoping and praying for another miracle because I just don't think I can do the full-time load with 3 young kids right now :( It is amazing how some things just work out perfectly just when you need it.

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...