Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Football for Christmas


Yeah, It's true!  It's almost February, and I am going to make a Christmas post.  That is because I have had creativity blockage.  Back in December I posted about some Flexibility having to do with the Holidays, because I'm pretty much a traditionalist when it comes to Christmas.  But, by the kindness of a friend, we were in possession of 5 free tickets to the Maaco Bowl in Las Vegas to see our favorite BSU play some football the Saturday before Christmas....a 12 hour drive.  Christmas in Vegas?  I wasn't so sure, but the promise of seeing my Grandmother in California the day after the game had me consenting.  Besides, I came to the realization that I was probably the only one who cared about those silly traditions.  We were to drive home on Christmas Eve.


As it turns out a major storm watch was in effect for Utah (our route home) on Christmas Eve.  So, (more flexibility here), we packed up a day early without seeing grandma to make it safely home.  We still hit 2 hours of blizzard, but that was far better than twelve.

I really should get some kind of award here.  But, time with KT, Air Force Man, Ladybug and BLT was time well spent.

FYI, BSU won!  So worth the trip...


2 comments:

  1. What a trip-- good for you for finding the nugget of joy in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traditions are wonderful and I agree with you. Christmas in Vegas does sound strange. Looks like a great trip.

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...