Friday, June 8, 2012

Personality Flaw or Personally Flawed



I have this innate desire to be liked by everyone.  I was born with it so it must be a God given trait, right?  If people don't like me then I think I am not good enough or doing enough.  I try to be nice to everyone and try to give everyone I see a smile.  Even in the grocery store!  SHOCKER!!!

Despite this, there are several people in my life that just don't like me.  Let's just say, they aren't blood relatives and leave it at that.  One says I have been trying to break up their family since my introduction into it.  Hmmm interesting....Let's see...Husband has wife, children, needs money, takes best paying job...Sorry, it isn't in your community.  My fault?  Possibly, if he hadn't have married me then he wouldn't have needed THIS job.  Speaking of hadn't have married me, another said she wished he had never married me on one of  her last visits.  Psshhhh...How's a woman supposed to take that??  I'm friended and unfriended on facebook.  It has gotten to the point where I have just blocked these people to avoid this AND their antagonistic comments all together.

KT says I should just ignore it and get over it.  And, he's right.  I wish I could be more like him:  less emotional.  But God made me this way for a reason, I'm not sure whether to embrace these emotions or let it go like KT suggests.  I'm working on forgiveness, don't get me wrong.  But there is still that innate desire to be liked and loved.  Is that too much to ask?  Most days I don't even give this a thought, but then those Satan thoughts creep in that say, "You aren't good enough, no one likes you..."  And then I remember.  I become obsessive over how I can make myself more likable.

If it sounds like I am on a pity pot,  maybe I am, 
but remember, ♫♫It's my blog and I'll cry if I want to..♫♫

I'm not sure if this desire to be liked is a Personality flaw or 
if I am personally flawed and that's why they don't like me.
 I'll probably never know...  

What do you struggle with?

1 comment:

  1. I struggle with my mental filter - or lack there of. it gets me into trouble most times. :)

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...