Thursday, May 17, 2012

Things I Wish I Could Change



There are things I wish I could change about my home, my marriage, my family,and the way I raised my kids...There are somethings I wish I had done differently.  Not that I didn't do things well, I don't think I did too badly, but, you know, there are always some kind of regrets or room for improvement...


  1. I wish that television wasn't such a focal point in our home.  I honestly don't really like it that much.  That isn't to say I don't watch a few shows here and there, but I can do without it most days.  Point in fact, after I get home from work at noon, the TV is never turned on.  I prefer the peace and quiet, my thoughts or a good book.  Unfortunately, most everyone else in my home is fairly addicted.  I wish we could just unplug.
  2. I wish we had played more games with our kids.  KT doesn't like games, but I grew up playing them.  My favorites are word games like scrabble or any kind of card games.  I love to play cards.  The only child who likes to play games is Ladybug.  Sometimes two people aren't enough. 
  3. I wish we had prayed together more as a family.  I did it when the kids were much younger religiously, but then the aforementioned point number 1 came into play later on.  How can a mama compete with sports and Disney?  We do pray, don't get me wrong, but family prayers were totally lacking.
  4. Electronics ie, computers, phones, ipads, handheld games, video game systems have created such a distraction.  It's like people are in the room, but not really "in" the room.  I really love to talk to someone and look in their eyes.  It is so much more meaningful and really denotes true listening.  Isn't it fairly sad to see couples out on a date, so engrossed in reading the news or facebooking on their phones that they totally neglect each other?  We are truly becoming an anti social society...
What are some things you wish you had done differently?


3 comments:

  1. Every day I wish I was more patient. Every day I fail. But I still try, especially with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LESS TV? I can't even imagine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids are still fairly young, so it is difficult to have that 20/20 hindsight type of perspective.

    What I am working on though is being more present myself. It is really easy to give the kids their assignments around the house without actually working WITH them myself. It is easy to let them play happily together without following through to make sure they did said assignments correctly and without being really personally engaged in what they are doing. This is an area I would like to see change right now.

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...