Thursday, March 15, 2012

My Grandparents are in it...



The 1940's was a decade of great change.  Not only was it the decade of World War II, but it was also the beginning of a Women's movement.  While so many of the men were off to war, that left the women to go to work and keep the factories and businesses running.    



It was also a decade of big bands and some musical greats like Frank Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald.  Movie icons like Humphrey Bogart, Katherine Hepburn, Cary Grant and Bette Davis were born onto the big screen in the 1940's.  If you're a sports fan, did you know that because so many of the baseball players had enlisted that an All American Girl's Baseball League was created?  They played in dresses!  Can you imagine that?!  Remember the movie A League of Their Own?  

I think the 1940's are pretty cool.  I mean both my parents were born in the 40's.  What could be cooler than that?!  The reason I tell you these things is to bring to light the Nation's largest community service project.  I am an Official Ambassador for the 1940's US Census project.  My job as an Ambassador is to let you know about the project and to help you get excited about participating.  Why not join me in transcribing and digitizing the 1940's US Census data for the Nation's "Greatest Generation". Only 18 more days until it is released!

(Consider turning down my music player at the bottom of the page)


These are my grandparents, and they are in it!

(I was not paid or compensated in any way for this post)

1 comment:

  1. I am still baffled by the way women did their hair back then. It looks so pretty but how did they do it?

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...