Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I Bore My Soul



On Sunday during Church services, I bore my soul.  It was the hardest thing...I shared my testimony of Christ and expressed my love and thankfulness to a loving Heavenly Father for his tender mercies and miracles I have seen in our lives.  I was shaking, my heart was pounding and I even teared up.  Yes, even me...This was so totally and completely out of my comfort zone.  It was almost like one of those out of body experiences, "How did I get here?" moments.  Someone said to me once after I had shared a testimony years ago, "It's hard to know when you've shared too much."  I was hurt...I internalized that and I began to protect my heart.  I tend to protect my testimony and heart and not share it with the world.  Unless it is on my blog, and then I lay it all out there.  But in a public setting with people I know and don't, it's like exposing a tender wound.  I am careful and protective and a little bit scared.

I felt good about what I shared and said, but strangely, later I felt incredibly guilty.  It was the weirdest thing.  I had all these thoughts in my head like, "No one really wanted to hear what you had to say," "No one really cares about you," "I probably wasn't coherent with my thoughts," "I probably didn't make sense,"  "I'm sure people were just rolling their eyes," "She is so braggy!"  "Get her off of there, Next please?"  I know in  my head these are Satan thoughts.  He didn't like that I testified my feelings.  But, still that feeling of guilt of opening myself up to others and sharing persisted.

Then this morning I read a blog post by Ann Voskamp at A Holy Experience.  She is inspired and knew just what I needed to hear.  My Heavenly Father was sending me an answer through one of his earthly angels.



5 comments:

  1. I thought your testimony was awesome!!! You contributed heavily to the great Spirit of that meeting. You Rock!!! Love KT

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS so hard to open up your soul and your heart, but I know that we need to try to do it because it helps others so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've born my testimony in church for probably 15 years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharing testimony is deeply personal. Whenever people share a bit of their sincere selves, it is a blessing to others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you did great and just like God knew what your needed to hear this morning through Ann Voskamp He knew what someone else needed to hear through your testimony.

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...