Friday, October 29, 2010

Tales from a Phobic

Do you want to hear the scariest stories ever? Well, do you? It seems fitting with the chilling holiday this weekend. By the way, I don't like Halloween. It's dark and scary and kids ask for candy from strangers. Just look at the kind of movies that come out this time of year. Frightening.



I had a frightening experience once. The most terrifying of my LIFE! No, it wasn't when I married KT. I know what you're thinking. No it was when I awoke in the middle of the night to have a spider crawling on my face. No joke! I am truly afraid of creepy, crawly spiders. I don't know what it is, maybe it is my mom's influence. Thanks mom! But I woke to a tickling on my face. When I reached up to scratch it, it was a spider that I quickly pinched between my fingers, shot out of bed and ran screaming to the bathroom where I promptly flushed it down the toilet. Let's just say I lost it. I couldn't sleep in my bed for several nights after that. Talk about paranoid!




I am also afraid of slithery, slimy snakes. I can handle a toad or frog. For crying out loud, I married one. But, snakes...oh dear God...My chest is getting tight just thinking of it. I can hardly walk through the snake house at the zoo. When I was in Oregon recently, Ladybug had a run in with a snake. Gratefully, I had run back to the RV for my sunglasses. I missed the whole episode. I might have made the situation worse with my screaming and hyperventilating. Ladybug and my mom were taking the nature trail to the beach. A little snake wrapped itself around her sneaker while she looked at my mom for help in what to do. Lifting her foot the thing slithered away. It was really just an instant, but if I had been there I probably would have caused her to be bitten or something horrendous.  We don't even know if it was poisonous.  Needless to say, if I had seen it I would have been finding an alternate route to the beach even if it meant climbing down a cliff or something. 

I'm just saying there are somethings more terrifying than others.

4 comments:

  1. I found a hobo spider hiding under a pumpkin on our front porch, with it's eggsac! Seriously creepy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am absolutely terrified by spiders too. I am also very allergic to spiders. I usually have to head to the hospital for IV antibiotics when i get a bite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, don't like snakes or spiders either! I can relate to your story, though, I once woke up with a mouse sitting on my pillow next to my face! I've never moved so fast in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That spider story is going to give me nightmares. I love Halloween. But I don't like all the scary movies that come out at this time of year. I do not enjoy horror flicks at all.

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...