Tuesday, September 29, 2009

What's Cooking?

Here is a family favorite.  It is rare that I cook something that everyone enjoys.  I tried using cooking wine, but the recipe came out too salty.  Since I'm not a drinker and don't have wine on hand, I bought a little bottle of white wine at the store.  I think it was a 10 ounce bottle.

Angel Chicken

1 1/2 pounds chicken breast
1/4 cut butter
1 envelope Italian Salad dressing mix
10 ounces condensed golden mushroom soup
1/2 cup dry white wine
4 ounces cream cheese with chive/onion
hot cooked angel hair pasta

Place chicken in a 3 1/2 - 4 quart slow cooker.

In a medium saucepan, melt the butter.  Stir in the dry Italian salad dressing mix.  Next add soup, white wine and cream cheese until combined.  Pour over chicken.

Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.  I remove the chicken and shred it, then return it to the sauce in the crock pot.  Serve over hot cooked pasta.

Serves 6 (or more)

***Post Edit*** Ladybug informed me that she doesn't like it anymore.  Dang! It's yummy!

4 comments:

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...