Sunday, September 13, 2009

We Believe...

I haven't written one of these in a while.  My sole purpose for writing these installments was to put to rest any misconceptions about my faith.  We all have choices.  You can choose to read or not, that's the beauty of having agency.  I am not trying to force religion on anyone.  This is part of who I am...

"We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God."
Many people believe that revelation ended with the Prophets of old, that God does not speak to us anymore.  We, as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, believe that revelation has not ended.  How many of us receive personal revelation for ourselves and our families?  Feelings and thoughts, moments of clarity when we are faced with tough choices.  I attribute that to the divine guidance of a loving Heavenly Father.  We have a modern day Prophet who receives revelation for us, things that keep us healthy, happy and focused on God and the Savior.  I am grateful for that in my life.  This is a tough world, tough times and I can use all the help I can get.

2 comments:

  1. I too, believe that God still reveals things to us today. I haven't been to church in a while but I was raised a believer and that hasn't changed. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also believe in current personal revelation and revelation to a living prophet. It's really sad to think that God just stopped speaking to people, and defies logic.

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...