Friday, August 24, 2012

Ladybug's Message of Validation

I am so grateful that Ladybug is in a school that doesn't JUST teach the academics, but works with parents to help in raising moral and caring citizens.  She goes to a Charter School that was started by parents who found the public school system lacking in those social, moral values.  I like to explain it to people like this:  Her school doesn't just teach high quality academics but concentrates on moral development in a non religious way.  If you are familiar with the YMCA and their core values (Caring, Honesty, Respect,  Responsibility, and I'm going to add here:  Leadership), then you will understand.

Ladybug came home from school recently to show me a video she watched in class on youtube.  I had to sit down and be willing to devote 16 minutes to it because it was that long, but it was easy to do because it is so worth the message.  You'll see why.  When we speak kind words to each other, we are serving our Savior and following in his ways.  As we build each other up, we are making the world a brighter place.

I'm loving this video...check it out!  And, Ladybug, thanks for sharing...

4 comments:

  1. Oh, HEY! Stopping by from SITS today. I think the school your little ladybug is attending sounds wonderful and it sounds as though she's learning core values she'll take with her for the rest of her life.

    Best wishes and hope you are having a great weekend! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from SITS today! This is awesome... Thanks for sharing -- I might just have to still this one day! Blessings friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I remember this video from a long time ago...we watched it over and over...what a fabulous way to communicate a fabulous message. you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a great message, thanks for sharing it with us. What school does she go to? Court goes to Renaissance, so I was wondering if they went to the same school.

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...