Monday, August 30, 2010

Bloggers Anonymous


Dear Bloggers Anonymous,

I have this uncontrollable urge to share my personal thoughts with strangers.  You've heard of diarrhea of the mouth?  Well, I have diarrhea of the keyboard.  I am excessively typing out posts about anything and everything, and sometimes nothing, in a very Seindfeldesque way.  My private thoughts, musings and dirty laundry are all out there and "I'm loving every  minute of it!" (That's a Seinfeld quote).

I check several times a day to see if my fellow bloggers have updated their sites.  I lose myself in their lives, feeling more normal by the second.  I smile, laugh and cry with them.  Don't get me started on moderating comments.  Comments make my day.  It means someone has taken the time to read my post, and spend a few moments reflecting on some kind of message to leave for me.  I am salivating just thinking of it. 

I am seriously in need of some sort of 12 step program.  How about you?


Sincerely,
2busy (and if I must add, if I'm 2busy, shouldn't I just cut out blogging?)

10 comments:

  1. diarrhea of the keyboard - CLASSIC!!! too funny. :)

    I love the picture of the DC temple you have on your blog too - i was kind of bummed when they just changed our temple district to the Columbus Ohio temple. oh, well. A temple is a temple, but some hold a more special place in our hearts than others. :)

    I hope you never find the electonic immodium to cure your problem, as I enjoy reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, cute post! I think everyone feels this way to an extent... or, maybe just me. lol And, like you, I feel too busy at times but I still find myself gravitating towards my darn laptop throughout the day. Ah, such is. Great blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't kick your blog habit-I love your private thoughts. (Look who needs a 12 step program).

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we do have a serious affliction don't we? My symptoms are sadly the same as yours. Not sure what we should do about it though. I guess just keep writing huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol i had this problem too when started blogging...i couldn't stop reading and commenting and writing...it was madness..i was obsessed and literally dreaming up new posts and waking up to write them.
    finally when summer hit, i just said no and made sure i got as busy as possible and limited my computer time to an hour a day so that i could get out and enjoy life...i still have the itch to sneak a peak every now and then and i am glad that fall is starting cause that means lots of time back in front of the computer ;o)
    yes, it's an addiction but it's a way of connecting with others ...of really saying what you think and feel not pretending to be polite ....i feel that we should just go with it cause repression causes amplification of the very thing we are repressing!
    great post, thanks for sharing :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, but I just like to spread my wisdom once a week now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, I could probably use a 12 step program. I just added a second blog for my photographs to my main blog.

    I'll be your blogger anonymous sponsor if you'll be mine ;-)

    Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't cut out blogging whatever you do. I'm too addicted to comment in a non-biased way. I say you're blog is just right!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been very frustrated with my inability to be a consistant blogger this past summer...I've lost track of people that I've so enjoyed getting to know (you being one of them!) and I just really miss documenting my days...it makes me feel great every time I hit the "post" button...

    When I have been consistantly blogging, I am exactly like you! I obsessively check others' posts, and check for comments (even though my main reason for blogging is to journal my life, it's nice to have feedback)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blogging is a must. No matter how busy :) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...