Friday, May 21, 2010

Softball Mom



I have been a baseball/softball mom for too many years to count. (If I didn't count it might reveal my age, and that is just too shocking). I've even come to love the game (but only in fair weather). I enjoy watching the kids get excited and play. I love the cheers and chants coming from the dugout. What I don't love is overly intense coaches. This isn't the major league...Come on get a clue...these are children playing a game and having some fun. If they wanted to be professionals, they wouldn't be playing in our league. It's okay to make mistakes, it's okay to lose a game and it's okay to let them learn and grow from their mistakes. It isn't all about the coaches, really, I checked...it isn't...

7 comments:

  1. I hear you... I too am a baseball/softball momma~ Great post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here here! I'm glad you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so on point. We've all seen the overly intense coaches and parents, and I always wondered what the kids were thinking and feeling while it was going on. Thanks for the reminder - it's about the kids having fun.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sports tends to bring out the crazies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right-on!!! And kids need to be able to grow and play even if they don't have any real talent. Hardly anyone makes it pro or even semi-pro so why not just have FUN?!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AGREED! people tend to forget that these are KIDS playing and really, it is just a game - recreation. Not the end of the world if a game is lost - it is supposed to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really hope my kids never get into sports. I know that's horrible to say but I just can't summon any enthusiasm for baseball/soccer/basketball/football...well you get my point. Good job on being such an enthusiatic and supportive softball Mom!

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...