Sunday, May 31, 2009

We Believe...

"We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth."
Many fundamentalist churches believe in speaking in tongues. I don't believe this is the kind of tongues referred to in the seventh article of faith, as I have never heard anyone speak in tongues at an LDS church. But when you think about 19 year old young men and 21 year old young women going into the Missionary Training center for really just a few short weeks, then you will believe in the gift of tongues. After just a short amount of time, these young men and women emerge from the training centers fluent enough in a foreign language to live and teach the gospel in a foreign country. Amazing!
I personally believe in visions, as I have had some myself of a personal nature which I will not share, but know that it had to do with my children.
I also believe very strongly in healings. I have seen my dad walk away from a near death bed with a pulmonary embolism, I have seen my daughter healed. I know with faith all things are possible.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful testimony! I appreciate you sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, witnessed my dad being healed from a near-death experience. It is amazing and really strengthens your testimony.

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...