Wednesday, December 23, 2009

WOWW

"Each of us is an innkeeper 
who decides if there is room  
for Jesus"
~Neal A. Maxwell~

I'd like to add a little of my own commentary here. I have felt like Christ was knocking, and I wasn't letting him in. I mean I go to church on Sunday and make good choices most of the time, but I really wasn't knowing Him. I decided that this Christmas I would let my Savior in. I've been trying really hard to get rid of the grinchies and feel the true spirit of Christ. I simplified this Christmas. I didn't send out as many Christmas cards, I haven't done much baking. Extra programs and parties were gracefully declined. I wanted to feel His peace this season. With my daily scripture reading and time to ponder and feel His peace, I can gratefully say, the door is now open.


5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found room! I have had a very hard time getting rid of my own grinchies and have tried really hard to find the "reason for the season". I like the quote with the picture. It is lovely! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said. I have been feeling the same way. I've been reallly emotional this year, for some reason, and have really seen all the blessings in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really feel like Satan's biggest tool in our lives is busyness...I'm feeling kind of down in the dumps this year and haven't really figured out why...I think I've just put too much on my plate...

    Have a wonderful Christmas, Lisa...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great thought. So perfect.

    I wanted to let you know that I enjoy your blog so much. You do a great job. Id love to swap buttons if your interested.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post! We simplified Christmas too. Even my kids thought it was the best Christmas yet. The spirit really is what makes it good! :)

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...