Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Fair

Yesterday I went to the fair. It is such a "cultural" experience. I should have worn my hat and boots for the occasion, but it was too hot. Rodney Adkins was playing the fair, but we didn't get off of work in time to make the concert. So we enjoyed the sites, sounds and smells. Corn dogs and cokes, cows, sheep, the worlds largest pig, the worlds smallest horse. Ribbons and prizes and pitch-men galore. Yet, it was a relaxing evening away from the kids, and I am just a little bit poorer.

4 comments:

  1. Fairs are totally cultural! (Snicker and snort) I mean I'm glad you got a night out on the town sans kiddos. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to go to the State Fair! Love the food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! Fairs! The best part of the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We didn't make it to the fair this year. I am a little sorry about that. We've enjoyed it every year. The world's biggest pig always impresses me (that pib is BIG). I like to see all the exibits. My kids like to go on all the rides. We always end up a LOT poorer. :)

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...