Friday, October 5, 2012

31 Days of Faith {My Religion}



Yes, I don't drink.
No, I am not boring.
Yes, I am a Mormon.

Starting on Monday as part of my 31 Days of Faith series, I will be sharing about my religion.  I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  There is a lot of misinformation and misunderstandings regarding my faith.  There are people with an axe to grind who take a portion of the truth and distort it into strange awkwardness for personal gain; "Supposed Experts."  Because there is a Mormon running for President, some people say this is a "Mormon Moment."  Lots of members say they love this.  Let me be honest here, I do not.  I do not like hearing hurtful lies spread about my faith.  I do not like feeling as if I live under a microscope.  I did not like that someone with deep seeded hatred for those of the Mormon Faith threatened my Missionary Son with a gun.  But, I am putting myself out there in the hopes of changing at least one person's opinion.  I have no axe to grind, no reason to lie to you.  I am just sharing the basic beliefs and tenants of my religion that I hold so dear in the hopes of dispelling some of the awful things people say and believe about us and replacing that with understanding and respect.

I am not going to preach to you, just share what I believe.  I am open to respectful questions.  Just please remember I am a daughter of God, a REAL person on the other side of this computer screen, with feelings just like you.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! There are a LOT of misconceptions. There are a lot of angry people out there. I don't think anyone can be right when they are so angry. Anger blocks logic, reason, compassion. Since we live in a country where freedom of belief is protected, people should be more interested in learning about what other people believe without being offended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thing to do! I hope it's a learning experience for your readers, but also for you!

    www.wanderingstill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...