Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Camp Crafts


As you are reading this, I am braving the wild as a youth camp counselor.  I don't know what scares me more, sleeping in a tent or being responsible for a group of girls.  I am working with an amazing group of women, though, so it should be fine....However, my idea of camping includes a hotel and jetted tub.  I guess I'll have to rough it.

One of my assignments was to be in charge of several camp crafts.  
This is what I came up with:


Boondoggle key chain with a dog tag engraved with our Camp Theme.  
You can learn how to make boondoggles here.


I thought these pop top bracelets were darling.  Ladybug and I had fun "practicing".  You can see some tutorials here.  I want to make more.  They are just fun!  I wore mine to work one day and got so many compliments?  Really?  Pop tops?  There are some great videos on YouTube.  I found this one helpful.


Even if you aren't a camp counselor, these are fun summer crafts that you may want to try on one of those long, hot days of summer.  Definitely a summer boredom buster!


Amanda’s Books and More
I'm also linking up at 30 Hand Made Days

Follow on Bloglovin


9 comments:

  1. Cool crafts! I would have never guessed that those were pop tops?! Cute, cute!
    -Heather
    www.stringtownhome.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pop top bracelets. They look really cool! I'm not a huge fan of girls' camp as an adult. I loved it as a youth though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I like my kids alright, but a week with someone else's kids? I guess teens are cool. :) I have seen those soda tab bracelets. Super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't help thinking of Napoleon Dynamite. How fun. Wish I were there, just in a nice bed though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have YET to have the experience of girl's summer camp. I'm sure my time is coming though. Hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh they look like heaps of fun, Im sure my daughter would have a ball amking them

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember going to camp when I was young, and it was so much fun. The crafts you found look great! =0)
    I'm a new bloglovin follower, here from Weekend Wanderings.
    ~Kim
    www.2justByou.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. that bracelet is so fun!!! How easy to get the materials too! Emily @ Nap-Time Creations

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...