Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Easter Advent



I feel all spiritual these days...with the onset of Spring soon, Easter is fast approaching.  It has me thinking, again of Advent traditions.  When my children were young, I really despised the Easter Bunny.  The whole practice of it seemed to take away from sacredness of what this Holy Day is really all about:  celebrating Christ's resurrection.  Don't get me wrong, we still had treats.  No one in our house can resist those delicious Cadbury Eggs.

I came across this Easter Advent years ago.  Each egg is numbered 1-12 and filled with a KJV scripture and a small trinket that represents the scripture.  I probably numbered mine backwards...I open #12 on Easter.  My children enjoyed having this daily reminders and countdown (or count up) to Easter.  Ladybug, at fifteen, still enjoys these kinds of things.  (She is all about tradition, you know).  Since I shared with you my Christmas Advent (the one that was mentioned in Deseret News), I thought I would share my Easter Advent, as well.




Now all my secrets are out!  

Amanda’s Books and More
The Idea Room


 

6 comments:

  1. It's definitely easy to over-commercialize special holidays, but I love the fun that comes with the spiritual celebration too. This is a neat idea to combine both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to have children enjoy the holiday but also understand the importance of the real meaning of the Lenten season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great idea! I just remembered that I was supposed to make a center piece for our table this Easter. My mom got me a few things that I could use when we were in the States last June-July. In South Africa, chocolate Easter eggs are the big thing. We'll have that too. I won't be coloring any eggs though. I tried that last Easter, but I had to first boil my brown eggs with vinegar to make them white before I could add the color (they don't sell bleached eggs in S.A.) and that made the shells go very thin and fragile, so all my eggs had a tied-dyed effect. Wishing you a blessed Easter! Thanks for adding my button to your post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This wonderful post is being featured on my blog today as part of "Tuesdays with a Twist" blog hop. If you get a chance please stop by & grab a featured button: godsgrowinggarden.com
    Thanks
    Angie

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...