Monday, March 2, 2015

Dimming Light and Feeling Loved

 
I am sitting here in the dimming light on a Friday night alone in our house.  It is quiet all except the ticking of the big clock upstairs.  My house is noticeably empty, the boys have moved out and KT is in Japan and sweet Ladybug is at her first High school dance and my house is empty and I am so very, very lonely.  It wasn't so long ago that my house burst at the seams with energy and people and vitality and there were moments where I longed for silence.  And now I have it,  yet I find myself longing for those other moments.  The peace and solitude is not all I'd thought it would be...

But after I have written this and curled up with a blanket and Hallmark movies, there is a knock at the door.  TJ has stopped by to check on me...thought I might be lonely.  Isn't it interesting how Heavenly Father knows exactly what we need when we need it.  At this moment, I felt so very, very loved. 

 
When have you felt loved this week?

Follow on Bloglovin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...