Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Learning to Crochet and Snow Balls



A new skill is sometimes hard to develop.  I tend to look at someone who seems to have it all together and then end up not even trying.  I can't decide if I'm a perfectionist or not.  A perfectionist wants to do things perfectly, but do they give up if they can't do it?  I don't know, but I totally wish I knew how to crochet.  Over Christmas, I decided to simplify my decorations, mostly because I couldn't access them and didn't want to, but I started over from scratch with my deco.  One of the things I wanted to do with my tree was a pom pom garland, you know, because all pine trees have snow balls on them.  But anyway, I was inspired by this blogger and her farmhouse perfection at Fairview Farm.


I could handle the basic crochet chain and a hot glue gun.  It's not perfect, in fact it's a bit like a Monet...it looks better from far off.  But it was fun...I'd like to learn more than the basic chain stitch, I found the whole thing of it, yarn and hook, very therapeutic.  I need to give up on my expectations of something needing to be perfect and just do it.  I may very well find a new hobby.

Do you struggle with perfectionism?
What are your hobbies?



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...