Monday, August 26, 2013

Back Pain AKA a Spiritual Experience



The last few months have been a difficult experience for me.  I'm not going to complain about my back pain, I've done that before, but I am going to share an experience that I felt was spiritual in nature related to my back pain.

Back a few years ago, I receive a blessing that stated that I would live a life relatively free from pain as long as I was faithful.  That is a blessing I have always truly treasured.  What could be better?  Free from pain!  But, recently, I had found my faith in Him wavering as I struggled with this back pain.  I didn't understand how I could serve Him, be faithful and still have this back pain.  I just didn't get it.  What did I do wrong?  What wasn't I doing?

When I had my MRI and three bulging discs were discovered, my doctor said to me, "I don't know how you aren't in more pain than you are!"  I mean, I get up every day...Shower, perform a chore or two, I had figured out a way to cook dinner while sitting on a stool in the kitchen.  I was still doing and trying to be cheerful despite my issue.  He mentioned that a lot of people with bulging discs, especially three, don't even get out of bed and here I was doing...It was then that I had a spiritual epiphany, that despite my pain, my Heavenly Father quite literally had my back.  Even though I am not pain free, I am relatively free from the type of pain that I could have.  It could be worse if I didn't have Him in my life and I am so grateful for that!

Have you found gratitude through your trials?

Follow on Bloglovin
 

5 comments:

  1. I love when something in life (an MRI) gives a new perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing encouragement... and such a positive way to spin your struggle! Hope the doc can figure out how to help you... and God continues to heal you and offer you comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Lord grants us tender mercies like the one you mentioned, we all know we will go through trials, this is a time to be tested, but He also grants those mercies so we can actually survive!
    Hope things get better for you soon, pain of any kind is not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great example! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful testimony. So many of us don't realize how much we are being carried through our trials.

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...