Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Pervert in the Parking Lot

Last week found my husband and I sitting in Tucano's.  He took a half day off of work to spend with me and to use my free birthday meal from said restaurant.  It would be such a waste not to use it, wouldn't you think?  After a lovely, VERY filling meal, we were headed home when KT received a phone call from Ladybug's high school.  The attendance secretary was concerned because she received a suspicious sounding phone call from someone claiming to be Ladybug's father trying to have her released early from school.  The attendance secretary wanted to confirm that KT had indeed made that call.  We informed her that we did not make the call and to not release Ladybug from class.  We told her we were on our way, and that we wanted to see who was waiting for her in the parking lot.

All kinds of scary thoughts raced through my mama head.  A pervert she met online, fishing for information and baiting her out of school.  In those panicked moments, the traffic could not have moved slower.  Everyone was going five miles under the speed limit.  I wanted to roar at them to move it, out of the way! As we finally reached the school, my husband wanted to peruse the parking lot before actually running inside.  This is who we found....


The pervert wasn't actually a pervert at all, but my Air Force son, TJ, home for the weekend for a surprise.  We ruined his surprise with our paranoia, but whatever...


A mother couldn't have been more relieved and excited at the same time.  He drove up from New Mexico to spend about 48 hours at home.  He said it was a late birthday present for his mama.  He brought his sweet girlfriend and we had all kinds of fun.



Have you ever gotten a call like that at school?  
What would you do?  

Follow on Bloglovin

15 comments:

  1. Well, what a lovely surprise for you. I see some happy faces. Happy belated birthday and thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely would have done the same thing! Thank goodness it was your son and that the school is on top of stuff like that. I would have been very worried as well. But... everything turned out ok and you got an awesome surprise from your son. I bet it was a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet surprise! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    Thank you for hopping on board The Great Blog Train!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, YUM for going to Tucanos!!! Deliciousness!
    Secondly, what a sweet surprise, but I also don't blame you for being scared, with everything that goes on nowadays!!
    Yay for a visit, I would love to hear more about Air Force life, my husband is hoping to go to Officer Training school once he graduates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your son and daughter's relationship sounds like my son and daughter. He is five years older than her and they're very close-- this sounds exactly like something he would have done for her. AND what you did and your reaction sounds exactly like something I would have done!! Better safe than sorry. Glad it all ended in a very lovely day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh man I was sso worried at first then so glad it wasn't something major!!

    How exciting it is he came home to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's like Ferris Bueller only better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this story! What a fun surprise! Something your family won't forget for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this story! So funny -- and your family will never forget this story!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a funny story. Glad you were able to spend some time with your son! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great story! I started out so concerned and ended with a big grin on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  12. He probably didn't think that one through, but such a sweet gesture anyway :D
    Looks like you had a beautiful time together :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally would have freaked out, and driven like a bat out of hell to the school. So scary, but I'm glad it turned out to be a fun surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohmygosh!! I would have been scared out of my mind!!!! What a lovely surprise though! I hope you all had a great weekend together.

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...