Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Kickin' my Donkey

My husband hates it when I say that, "Kickin' my donkey", but it sounds so much better than, "Kickin' my a..." .  Well, you get the idea.  Last year after Miguel left for his mission, I gained some weight.  I'm not sure if I was depressed, just not running around cleaning up after that mess maker or maybe just the change in hormones.  Either way, I gained weight and it got away from me.

Interesting how trying on your summer shorts and not having them fit will give you motivation.  Some people might look at that as motivation to go shopping.  Not me...well, not all the time...So instead of new clothes, there was that day I was out grocery shopping at the World that is referred to as Wally and I saw this.



It was cheaper than a whole new wardrobe...Now I've worked out with Jillian before, you know...in my family room, and she can kick my trash like non other. So, I thought what the heck?  What do I have to lose? Besides a size or two.  

What motivates you to get healthy?
Do you have some secrets for losing weight?


Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. "Lose weight and be healthy" is perpetually on my list of goals. I'm in the process of readjusting my goals for the summer and yup, nothing is fitting well, pictures from my son's graduation weren't pretty (I cringed) and I need to get busy. I have the workout piece down, just need to really, really work on my diet and oh, here's an idea, EAT LESS. Sigh.... keep me posted on your progress. I need a "diet buddy". You'll motivate me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have her yoga meltdown and 30 day shred. She is awesome! If I were ever on Biggest loser I would want HER as my trainer, she gets results!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just starting this journey too after having my baby J. {{sigh}} Why is it harder to lose the weight than it is to put it on? I've got a couple of workout videos I rotate through as well as walk/jog 2 miles every other day. I only started last week and won't weight myself until Sunday but my clothes is little bit looser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HaHa, I am the expert at losing weight. Just eat less. Not a lot less, just a little bit less. And once that feels totally comfortable, eat a few bites less than that. After a year your portion sizes will have been cut in half and you won't even feel like you are missing anything. It takes about a year, but you'll lose 10-15 lbs easily. The thing is, I don't want to lose weight, I just sometimes find stopping what I'm doing to eat a pain. I only like to eat when I am very relaxed. So if I get too busy I naturally eat less, and it becomes a cycle. And then I'm trying to figure out how to gain back the 10 lbs I lost. :P I have found nothing yet that motivates me to exercise, which is too bad because it is so good for my heart and body. I've got to learn how to make myself!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in the mood to get fit these days too! I tend to think of myself as thinner than I am, which is a weird issue! Mainly, I want to feel fit and strong. I love Jillian but I have bad knees and joints in general and her stuff kills me. This week I've started Pilates and have gotten on the stationary bike. I'm intending to do an hour at least 3x a week (when all kids are in school). Thanks for the reminder and the motivation! I'm off to exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got one of her workouts and my donkey is done about 10 minutes into it. Intense!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We found a diet that works for us.
    It works. You are eating alot less, no real carbs, but plenty of apples and oranges. Scrambled eggs...no fats....no bacon. 4 oz. turkey or chicken, all the lettuce you want with no lowfat salad dressing. Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your loving thoughts....Linda

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...