Monday, May 18, 2009

A Girl's Best Friend


I love my husband to bits, but he is a SNORER. Gradually over the years, his zzz's have gotten worse. It isn't so bad if I can fall asleep first, but in the common event that I don't....Well, I can be tortured for hours. I have been known to throw elbows and then fake sleep when he wakes up in the hopes that I'll fall asleep before he slips back into his ZZZZ's. I have slept on the couch for more nights than I can count. Come on, a girl needs her beauty rest, and if I don't get 7-8 hours I AM A BIATCH! And, let's face it the snoring strips and sleep apnea machines just are NOT sexy.

Gratefully, before turning to divorce, I had discovered these little gems. They are a life saver. A girl's best friend. Now I can sleep! All I have to do is put these squishy plugs in my ears, and the only thing I hear is the rhythm of my own breathing. Much like floating on my back in the pool. It helps to imagine floating in a pool, and it doesn't take long until

7 comments:

  1. My husband is a snorer too. I make him wear Breathright strips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have snoring problems, just babbling children problems. Earplugs are the only reason I'm not strait jacketed in a mental institution somewhere.

    God bless earplugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For whatever reason, I can't wear ear plugs...I think my ear canal is too small (what the?!) Anyway, they never stay in--

    My husband is a stomach sleeper, so he rarely snores unless he's sick...thank goodness for that! I think it's so funny that you elbow him and then fake that you're sleeping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mine snores, but I am so used to it. My dog snores even louder. I should video it. But, I wouldn't know how to post it.

    I probably snore too! In fact, some mornings I know I did because my mouth is dry! ewww. I hate that I snore at times, but I do. Im a mouth breather too! LOL

    Ok, yes I think you should definitely write them a thank you even though it has been 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness for small miracles uh? I was still laughing at the part where you elbowed him and pretended to sleep...very sneaky of you..eheheh.

    My hubby is a snorer too but it's not so bad. I usually just rolled away from him or pushed him over on his side facing away from me. I compared his snoring to my dad, my dad was worse, you can hear it all the way outside the house, that's how bad and loud he snores.

    I like how you keep your post short yet entertaining at the same time...a very clever blogger in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to show these little gems to my sister-in-law. My brother has a horrible snoring problem. I didn't realize how bad it was until they stayed the night. At first, I thought it was a helicopter flying over our house. When it went on for hours, that is when I knew the horrible truth. Ironically, he was in the basement, too. He is LOUD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. okay, we tried everything for Trey...the Breathe Right strips ended up in my hair! We resorted to investing in some mouth piece we saw online - Pure Sleep - after not sleeping together for about 6 months! It works, it works...well worth the $60!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...