Friday, May 8, 2009

Blogging in bed

Two things I had wanted for my birthday were either a laptop or to redo my bedroom, ie paint, bedding, etc. It was an either or type thing. I ended up redoing the bedroom (which is still in progress), but the other day I was surprised with the laptop, too.
Did I need it? NO...Could we afford it? Probably NOT. Did I want one? YES.
My home has been over run by teenage boys of late. I love having them over but with a small family room I often don't feel like I fit or belong anywhere. They hog up the TV and computer for hours! After feeding them and making sure their needs and wants are met, I often try to "disappear." But I wanted a place of my own, so instead of adding on a special room for ME, my husband liked the idea of just getting me a laptop so I have something to do when I lock myself in my room. He figured it was the cheaper alternative to adding another room or my just plum going crazy. So now you will wonder as you read my posts, "Is she laying in bed?" But please don't wonder what it is I am wearing, because that is just CREEPY.

8 comments:

  1. I love having a laptop. It feeds into my multitasking tendencies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a lap top too. our dell is green. I can blog and read and comment from bed, but I can't write my own blogs from the lap top because all of my pics are downloaded to main computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a mac desktop and a dell laptop. i do all of my blogging from the laptop - I love just watching my favorite show at night on the couch with laptop and a few good blogs. :) congrats on the computer and a late happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I want for Mother's Day but I don't have the guts to ask my husband for one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You crack me up! Now...because you mentioned it, I will be wondering.... :D

    When you finish redecorating, you will have to post pics. I love decorating but I like seeing what everyone else is doing more....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous!--(about the laptop not the house full of boys!)

    I've been wanting a laptop for a while now...my husband and I are always competing for the computer, so it would be nice to have more flexiblity...

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have laptops coming out our ears! They are really convenient though.

    I might, someday, if I can get over the additional monthly expense of the internet fee, get an ascer WITH the phone-card internet connection thingie. It would be soooo convenient to do internet stuff while I'm sitting at one of my kids' dance practices or baseball games!

    It must be nice to enjoy your new laptop in bed in your newly decorated room! I'm on my way to getting around to starting to decorate my room. Things don't happen overnight around here!

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...