Sunday, November 25, 2012

Miguel's Missionary Moment




Date wise, I am behind in posting Miguel's letters...
Hence the letter and picture from Halloween. 


"So this week has been pretty fun other than wanting to kill my companion all the time. I just don't know how to deal with him, he is slow at everything and unmotivated and basically the complete opposite of me.  It is super tough to deal with. Sometimes I have to go into another room to pray just so I don't punch him and yell at him...ugh he is super difficult. I'm definitely learning how to deal with all kinds of people.  

I made good friends with Elder Bushaw he is an Elder in my district and he is a stud. Oh also this week I got to go to a haunted house that some members put on in their back yard.  It was super cool! He had all the kids from the word as actors so it was funny because they were like saying a bunch of stuff like "smite me with the word of God, Elders" It was super creepy. I have pictures but Elder Bushaw took them because my new camera isn't working.

This week a less active lady we have been working with was sitting at home and had a prompting that she needed to come to church, and she came! Sister Davis is awesome! We had been praying for her all week! Well that's what happened this week! I'm out of money, but I think I have enough food. Well I read an awesome scripture this morning in Alma 58: 40, 
  • "But Behold they have received many wounds; nevertheless they stand fast in that liberty wherewith God has made them free; and they are strict to remember their Lord their God from day to day; yea, they do observe to keep His statutes, and His judgments,  and His commandments continually; and their faith is strong in the prophecies concerning that which is to come." 
Not all wounds are physical but spiritual also, and I know that I have been wounded spiritually at times. Staying steadfast in the commandments and faith can help you through all things."
 
~Miguel"


1 comment:

  1. Great letter. Dealing with a difficult companion can be soooo challenging, but is such a great opportunity for personal growth. And it is temporary. It is good to hear that so many things are also happening!

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...