Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Mele Kalikimaka from Idaho


I would be a little remiss if I didn't mention the fact that I LOVE snow at Christmas time. Unfortunately, it has been greatly lacking in my neck of the woods. Let it be known that I live for sunshine. It completes me, warms my soul and brings me muchas happiness, but there is something about Christmas that just calls for snow. Maybe it is because I grew up in Colorado and snow was a beautiful way of life.

I spent a few Christmases in Hawaii, I know boo hoo, but seriously, Mele Kalikimaka did not mean Christmas to me. (It certainly didn't Jingle my Bells).  And lately, due to the Sunshine and lack of snow, I am in the mood to don a grass skirt and start singing Mele Kalikimaka instead of It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas.

Ladybug has been invited to a birthday party today.  They are going tubing.  My first question, "WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU GOING TO DO THAT?"  Apparently a few hours up into the mountains there is a place that is making snow.  Good times, she'll have fun.  Which made me start thinking that I should break out my snow cone maker and spread that lovely white stuff around the yard.....Make my own snow.  You know, to attain that White Christmas look. (I just won't add any yellow flavoring.  Mom always said, 'don't eat yellow snow...')

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

1 comment:

  1. It's so crazy to be this late into December and not have snow!

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...