Friday, June 24, 2011

Tales from OZ


On this day in history, June 6 in the year of our Lord 2011, let it be known that I am a risk taker because I stared a tornado warning in the face and won.


Let's rewind a few days, back track. Miguel drove home from Ladybug's last softball game on a Friday upset because the bumper on his car was falling off due, or course, to his previous car accident. Due to his distractedness we realized Sunday morning that he had left not only the car unlocked but the keys in the ignition in the on position. Might as well flash neon lights: 

FREE CAR!  

KT jumped the dead car and all was good.

Miguel left Sunday morning for a "Senior Trip" to SLC .  We had him drive our newer car because it is more road worthy.  The plan was KT would drive my bug to work and I would drive saggy bumper 2 miles to my work.  Monday morning I go to start beater car and all I get is click, click, click.  It is dead again.  D-E-A-D, dead.  No time to call for a ride or a jump lest I be late for work so I jump on my bicycle and book it to work.


Gradually the skies grow dark and heavy as the day progresses.  I keep checking  the sky and my work load.  I finally decide to brave the impending storm and pedal as fast as I can.  When I arrive home I learn there had been a tornado warning, and that is the day I looked a tornado warning in the face and won.

5 comments:

  1. I remember when I was about 7 or 8 - standing outside our old barn house with my dad watching a huge tornado whip through the field and woods behind our home. It was pretty scary to see something like that up close!!! Glad you were safe in the land of Oz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha!...ok, not totally funny, but kind of...staring down a tornado! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock! Glad you were able to make it home safe and didn't end up in Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - you are one brave girl! Very scary (and a bit like Oz)! Good for you....
    Susan
    The Old White Barn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woot! Go you! And, you got your workout for the day, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...