Monday, January 20, 2014

Miguel's Testimony {Miguel's Missionary Moment}


Source:  Elder Jones


January 13, 2014

"Well this week was sweet!!!!

My new companion is Elder Jones! He is a cool kid.  Kinda quiet.  I  was his District Leader for a while so we know each other pretty well already! He is a crazy artist draws awesome pictures I will email one he drew of Captain Moroni! 

This week we taught a lot of cool people! I don't know where to start.  Well,  we dont have anyone on baptismal date, but we have a lot of people keeping commitments and praying about dates. We are still teaching Dorsey but he is having a hard time progressing because everytime he reads he gets mad because he feels like he can't understand the scriptures.  He gets upset, but we told him to pray one night and he said he felt like God told him to have patience. Then we met a lady named Trida and she is pregnant.  We were teaching her, and she told us she was going to get an abortion because the father didn't want to deal with the baby.  We taught her doctrine about life and invited her to ask God.  She decided it was wrong because she made the choices that resulted in pregnancy. So that was cool!  

We are teaching this asian lady named Jon. and we took a member over who spoke Chinese.  The whole time she just talked about home much we had changed in her, and she looked at me and said, "I think he would die for what he believes, i wish i was where he is."  It was really humbling, and powerful. I know that it is only by Christ that I have gotten to this point.  I dont have much time on the mission left but the change that has occured in my heart, I believe, has forever changed my life. I'm so greatful for the mercy and love God has for me and the chances He gives me and the forgivness that comes. God's hand is truely visible, and redemption comes only through Christ. 

Elder Hamer

Helaman 5:12 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...