Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The things that matter most...



My parents who are blessed to live by all their children and grandchildren have decided to move twelve hours away to live near friends.  They have many other reasons for the move, but that's the only one I can hear.  It is like a spear to my heart...I'm not fun enough, I don't make them happy, I'm not good enough.  I was not enough to keep my parents in the same town as their children and grandchildren.  It's selfish of me, I know, but I'm angry, upset, confused...I long for the days of being emotionally constipated.




They don't understand why I'm upset.  They want to sit and talk about it....It's done and said, there is nothing they can say that will ever make me understand their why's.

My word of the year is Brave, how was I to know that I would need to be Brave so soon.  So soon after being selected as a leader of the youth, too.  There are blessings in these words of the year.  The inner, mental and emotional focus on being brave will help me get through these challenges...I'm grateful to Heavenly Father who impressed upon me the need to focus on being Brave.

Have you had to be Brave lately?  

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm sorry for you that they are moving. As parents, we understand that our children may eventually move away from us, but not our parents! Brave is a good word for this time in your life.

    I am also having to be brave lately, stepping out of my comfort zone and starting to network again. In person! Not in the blog-o-sphere. I'm still in the research stage and it will take a bit of courage mustering to get me out there in person, and it is exactly what I need to do!

    I didn't choose a word this year, though you inspired me to do so last year. So, I'll choose... Passion! Passion for life!

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...